The summer usually coincides with a slowdown in coaching changes in college athletics, but the number of changes from May 2022 to June 2022 indicates that slowdown hasn’t started yet.
There is still considerable movement amongst men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football programs. But we’re seeing the most turnover amongst baseball and softball programs, which is unsurprising given the recent end to their seasons.
The turnover figures to remain high for both sports over the next few months.
In total, there were 4,881 changes this month. Here is the breakdown, with Division II being abnormally high after we focused this month on finding emails for DII coaches without them listed.
- Division I: 1,333 total changes (637 people removed, and 696 people either added or who had their information changed).
- Division II: 1,514 total changes (634 removed, 880 added/changed)
- Division III: 857 total changes (518 removed, 339 added/changed)
- Junior College: 504 total changes (293 removed, 211 added/changed)
- NAIA: 673 total changes (334 removed, 339 added/changed)